Physiotherapy is anchored in movement sciences and aims to enhance or restore function of multiple body systems through a holistic approach to the prevention, diagnosis and therapeutic management of pain and movement disorders. At Back in Action our therapists will work in partnership with you and your health care team to help manage your pain and injury and restore optimal functioning through the use of a variety of treatment modalities including hands on manual techniques, needling/acupuncture, electrotherapy and exercise. Our therapists also have expertise in concussion and vestibular management, Women’s health, hand therapy, orthotic and biomechanical assessment to better assist you getting ‘back in action.’
4368 Main St., 119, Whistler, BC, CA
Return to Play/Work/Learn
Hours of Operation
|Monday||7:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||7:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Thursday||7:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Friday||7:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Saturday||7:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
- Mike Conway.PhysiotherapistExercise RehabNeck RehabVestibular RehabMike Conway has been a physiotherapist since 2005 after completing his Masters degree in Physiotherapy studies in Australia and then going on to complete a Masters degree in Manipulative Physiotherapy in 2007 and then completing a Masters degree in Sports Physiotherapy in 2009. His education has given him recognized specialization in the latest evidenced based practice, skilled assessment and diagnosis of complex pain syndromes, sport and spinal related injuries and effective ‘hands-on’ management techniques. Mike enjoys treating a varied case load of patients with musculoskeletal injuries, including sport, spinal and orthopedic conditions, vestibular and concussion injuries in private practice and while on the road with sporting teams. Mike has worked and traveled with various sporting teams in Canada and Australia and continues to travel and work with the Canadian Ski Cross Team................................ MPT Sports, MPT Manips, MPT Studies, BSc Kines, GIMS (Dry Needle), FCAMP, C. Hand Therapist, C. Vestibular & Concussion Therapist (ITPT, CCMI)
- Therese Ann Leigh.PhysiotherapistActive Release TherapyAcupuncture/DryneedlingExercise RehabMyofascial ReleaseNeck RehabVestibular RehabTherese Leigh has been working as a sports physiotherapist since graduating from University of British Columbia in 1994. She is currently one of the founding owners and a practicing physiotherapist at Back in Action Physiotherapy, Whistler, British Columbia as well as in a leadership role as Senior Advisor PT/Injury Management for the Canada Snowboard. Therese is a Fellow of the Academy of Manipulative Therapists and holds a Diploma in Sports Physiotherapy. As well, she completed a Master’s of Health Administration in 2004. Therese’s passion is working in team based high performance environments and throughout her career wintersport athletics has been a focus. Therese has been part of our Canadian Olympic Team for the 2010 and 2014 Olympic Winter Games and will be going to the 2022 games with Snowboard. Therese continues to work with elite alpine ski racers, as well as with development level winter sport athletes. Therese has been mountain biking and skiing since childhood and has learned through her own injuries, as well as ongoing education, what works to ensure full recovery and return to activity. Her treatment philosophy is straightforward: “Stellar assessment followed by evidence based hands on treatment, education and active exercise will get optimal results. The goal is to have the client not only feel better that day but to stay pain free and strong for the long term.”
- Jian Soares.PhysiotherapistBSc (Physiotherapy) , M.Clin.Phys (Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy)Active Release TherapyAcupuncture/DryneedlingCognitive AssessmentCognitive RehabExercise RehabMyofascial ReleaseNeck ManipulationNeck RehabVestibular RehabJian graduated as a physiotherapist from Curtin University in Perth in 2012 working in both country and city health services in Australia. He completed his Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy masters degree in 2018. Jian has previously taught as a sessional academic as part of the undergraduate physiotherapy program at Curtin University. Jian has worked in snow sports injury management in both Canada and Japan and is an avid snowboarder himself. He is the Senior Physiotherapist for Canada Snowboard managing national slopestyle, halfpipe and big air teams. In the summer he enjoys biking, hiking and being outdoors.
- Karly Dagys.Physiotherapist
- Julie Charette.Physiotherapist
- Bianca Matheson.